Spicy Greek Yoghurt Potato Salad (with Jalapeños)
This spicy Greek yoghurt potato salad is the perfect accompaniment for grilled chicken and is simple to whip up.
When the weather warms, we like nothing better than a barbecue. Chicken is our favourite, go-to meat, and we invariably have it slathered with our tangy marinade. We usually like a potato or pasta dish to go with it. My boys love shop-bought potato gratin and sometimes we do a homemade version, but I like cold salads with my grilled meats. That’s where this un-fancy, deliciously spicy side dish comes in.
Although there is some mayonnaise in this, the Greek yoghurt gives the potato salad a gorgeous creamy taste without needing to go heavy handed on the mayo. The spice comes from jalapeños along with a touch of cayenne. There’s also some red onion and red pepper thrown in for good measure.
If you like my spicy Greek yoghurt potato salad, why not check out my other savoury dishes?
Spicy Greek Yoghurt Potato Salad
- 15-20 small potatoes (halved)
- ½ small red onion (finely sliced)
- ½ red pepper (finely sliced)
- 100g Greek yoghurt
- 35g mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 35g Jalapeños (pickled)
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ¼ teaspoon cayenne powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- Boil the potatoes until soft. Drain and allow to cool.
- For the sauce: Mix all the ingredients (apart from the onion and pepper) together. Cover and place in the fridge for an hour or so (or at least until the potatoes have cooled).
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes with the onions and red pepper, then pour the sauce over. Stir well until everything is evenly distributed. Sprinkle with a little fresh herbs and serve with grilled chicken or any other meat.