Simple Homemade Strawberry Sauce (no refined sugar)
This homemade strawberry sauce is so versatile. I’ve used it in sweet buns and cakes and dolloped it liberally over ice-cream.
Using fresh strawberries (great for using up any leftover fruit), this sauce is whipped in minutes. Not only is it super simple to make but it has no refined sugar, getting its sweetness from a touch of honey. There’s also a few chia seeds thrown in for good measure.
This sauce hasn’t been strained. You could omit the chia seeds and strain (or puree) yours if you preferred. I like it as it is, especially when added to a frosting or glaze.
If you like this recipe for homemade strawberry sauce, why not check out my other sweet treat recipes?
Simple Homemade Strawberry Sauce
- 350g fresh strawberries
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds (optional)
- 1 tablespoon water
- Hull and chop the strawberries and place them in a medium sized pan with all the other ingredients.
- Cook the strawberries until they are very soft and have reduced. Mush them with a back of a fork (the sauce should be fairly thick), and leave them to cool completely.
- Serve over ice-cream, in cakes, frosting or sweet buns. Enjoy!