Wholegrain Spelt Tortillas (just 4 ingredients)
These wholegrain spelt tortillas are made with just four ingredients. The spelt flour tortilla recipe is made in just minutes and are soft and pliable.
Servings: 8 tortillas
- 230g wholemeal spelt flour - see note 2
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (extra for the pan) - see note 1
- 75ml cold water
Mix all ingredients together. Stir until a dough pulls together and form into a ball. Let rest for around 20 minutes or so.
Divide into 8 balls. Roll out into fairly round-ish tortillas about 6" in diameter.
Brush a skillet with a touch of oil and cook each tortilla for around one minute on each side. When ready, place in a clean tea towel and keep them covered until ready to eat (this will keep them soft and pliable). I used mine for grilled chicken wraps and baked tortilla chips.
- Use any oil you like or a combination. Olive oil is very strong so use half that and half vegetable oil if you prefer
- I use grams in my recipes as weighing ingredients is the most accurate method. However, if cups are your thing, you can convert my measurements at Cook it Simply.
- Use wholegrain or white spelt flour. Or, if you don't have spelt, the same amount of regular flour can be substituted.