Wholegrain Spelt Tortillas (just 4 ingredients)
These wholegrain spelt tortillas are made with just four ingredients. The spelt flour tortilla recipe is made in just minutes and are soft and pliable.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time20 mins
Total Time30 mins
Servings: 8 tortillas
- 230g wholemeal spelt flour - see note 2
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (extra for the pan) - see note 1
- 75ml cold water
Mix all ingredients together. Stir until a dough pulls together and form into a ball. Let rest for around 20 minutes or so.
Divide into 8 balls. Roll out into fairly round-ish tortillas about 6" in diameter.
Brush a skillet with a touch of oil and cook each tortilla for around one minute on each side. When ready, place in a clean tea towel and keep them covered until ready to eat (this will keep them soft and pliable). I used mine for grilled chicken wraps and baked tortilla chips.
- Use any oil you like or a combination. Olive oil is very strong so use half that and half vegetable oil if you prefer
- I use grams in my recipes as weighing ingredients is the most accurate method. However, if cups are your thing, you can convert my measurements at Cook it Simply.
- Use wholegrain or white spelt flour. Or, if you don't have spelt, the same amount of regular flour can be substituted.