Simple Gluten Free Dark Chocolate Fudgy Brownies (from scratch)
This recipe for Gluten Free Dark Chocolate Fudgy Brownies originally appeared on The Culinary Jumble.
Brownies are no stranger on this blog (or in my home). I make this simple, basic recipe SO often, that I could do it blind-folded.
It’s so adaptable I just change one or two ingredients and I have a whole new brownie. I make them with gluten, without gluten, with caramel, with nuts; literally, whatever I have in my house.
Or I just make them like these simple gluten free dark chocolate fudgy brownies: plain, unadorned and absolutely divine.
Because I make my brownie recipe so often, I thought I would step out of my comfort zone and go where most food bloggers have gone, and make a video. It was fun. Okay, it’s not really going to keep the Tasty team awake at night, but it’s a start and I am rather proud with myself, if I’m honest.
So, rather than me banging on about how I make simple recipes that are easy to recreate, I can show you. I’d love to hear your comments, as always, so drop me a line and let me know what you think (or maybe which recipes you might also like to see in video form).
Gluten Free Dark Chocolate Fudgy Brownies
- 100g butter
- 100g dark chocolate
- 50ml brewed coffee (or milk)
- 2 eggs
- 60g white sugar
- 65g brown sugar
- 40g gluten free flour
- 15g cocoa
- 1 teaspoon vanilla sugar (or extract)
- Pre-heat the oven to 175ºC (350ºF) and grease/line a 8 x 8" pan.
- Add the butter and chocolate to a pan and heat until they've just melted. Remove from the heat and then add the coffee (or milk) and set to one side.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs and then add the sugars. Pour in the chocolate/butter mixture and whisk together.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder and vanilla sugar and whisk until everything is combined.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for around 13-15 minutes. The brownies are ready when the top is only just baked. Remove from the oven and let rest for around 10 minutes then slice and eat warm. Enjoy!